Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

just peachy...

The peaches are at their prime....but evidently I am not.  

This morning I thought I will just can a few jars of peaches...oh my goodness, what a mess.  I even had to mop the floor that had already been clean.  It quickly came to me why I had not canned peaches for a long time.  

When we lived in the orchard, it was so easy. We did it like we did so many things...FAMILY STYLE....assembly line with lots of fun and laughter AND it was OUTSIDE.  Thus...no mess.
 And..each jar contained not only yummy peaches but a great memory of fun.

I think we had better savor these few jars because it won't be happening again.  This summer we will just eat our way through fresh peach season and I am sure I can find a terrific bargain on canned peaches for winter.

 Anyone need a couple of blue speckled very used caners?

3 comments:

  1. Yep, that is why I haven't canned since we moved here. Plus I have no where to store jars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I also discovered we are a little low on jars because Ben made cherry juice and grape juice...outside, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next year, how about the patio with the hose ready to clean up the drips - maybe we'll come along and help. Would be fun to do it together, HMMMMMMM ! ! !

    ReplyDelete