Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

In Hot Water...literally






I started water for a bubble bath....then decided to go take a quick look at the computer while the tub was filling.  I have great concentration powers so got engrossed in something that the computer had to offer.  I have no idea how much time had gone by before I remembered the filling tub but it felt like a LOT.  I leapt up and with Sam barking wildly behind me ,flew down the hall, fully expecting to slosh through water and bubbles to get the water turned off.  The bathroom was a SIGHT TO BEHOLD.   The water was almost to the top of the tub...the bubbles almost the to window sill.  There was no more hot water but as  I allowed myself to sink to my neck in that glorious smelling, hot bath water, I couldn't help but think how much HOT WATER I would have been in if Ihadn't made it back to the tub before it overflowed....now that would be real HOT WATER!  There probably is a moral to this story - a life lesson to be learned - maybe something about sticking with a task,  or not succombing to the distractions life has to offer - or live in the moment.  At any rate, I "enjoyed the moment" in that hot water.


7 comments:

  1. Now a tub comment - I love my tub moments and usually have a few minutes of enjoying one daily - love the picture of yours with bubbles and glad you didn't have to soak up water on the floor - I have been guilty of forgetfulness when filling a few times in my life - now with enjoying getting lost in blogs it could happen more often :-)!!! Nanc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new blog update.... ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are those plants doing in your soap dish?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you needed a good soak after that adrenaline rush/stress-induced panic!

    Blessings,
    ~Karrilee~

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds so good right now. Hopefully you had a relaxing soak.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bath looks delicious right now with this cold weather! (o=

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad someone else gets distracted like I do. I drive my husband nuts. :)

    ReplyDelete